Other

How to Tie a Plaited Scarf Necklace

12:36:00 theskyisstarless 0 Comments

I recently started working at Joules and now I know how to fold things properly, how to sell a pair of socks, and of course how to tie scarves in new ways. This is a simple and cute way to tie a scarf for when you're sick of just wrapping it around your neck until you get it to a length where it won't dangle into things. This is perfect to wear both day and night and is sure to get you many compliments.

You'll need a lightweight scarf such as this one from Joules. I love the bright pink colour and monochrome floral. I'm definitely not a pink girl but I'm so glad I stepped out of my comfort zone and bought this scarf as it is so summery and instantly brightens up any outfit.


.




















You want to start by wrapping the scarf around your neck and tying a simple knot. You should easily be able to take the scarf off over your head but you want the ends to be long enough to get a substantial plait. Take the scarf off, retaining its size. 
 Arrange the ends of the scarf so that you have three 'strands' like so. Then begin plaiting, passing the ends of the scarf through the loop so it doesn't become tangled. If you don't know how to plait, you could follow this tutorial.
Keep plaiting around the loop until you almost run out of scarf. Use these end pieces to tie a simple knot which will keep the braid from unravelling.

You can then pull and stretch your braid until you get your desired look. I like to push my knot along to make my necklace slightly bigger and I pull at the braid to plump it up a bit. When you are happy with your necklace slip it over your head. 
You could mix it up a bit by leaving the ends longer and perhaps tying a bow or leaving some parts unplaited and securing them with a knot. I know that I will be wearing these scarf necklaces all through spring and summer. I would love to see your versions on instagram or pinterest. 

Love Rhiannon x






You Might Also Like

0 Comments: